ABB's LV generators are designed to cover a wide range of industrial applications. They meet or exceed the requirements of all relevant national and international standards.
- All generators are equipped with an auxiliary winding excitation supply, which ensures sufficient short circuit current capability for the safe and reliable operation of the protective devices.
- The generators also feature permanent magnet insertion (PMI) in the exciter machine, which together with ABB’s new AVR (automatic voltage regulator) ensures easy, fast and reliable start-ups – even after long periods of storage or standby.
- 2/3 winding pitch minimizes 3rd harmonic of line to neutral voltage. The generators are optimized to ensure very low levels of voltage waveform distortion.
- In frame sizes 400 and above the rotor features rectangular windings using glass fiber wound wire for greater mechanical and electrical strength. Frame sizes 180 - 355 rotor windings are made from enamelled round copper wire (G2) of thermal class 200.
- Vacuum pressure impregnation (VPI) with a high quality polyester-imide resin is used in all stators, rotors and exciters. The windings can withstand all expected mechanical and electrical shocks and vibrations, as well as chemical substances.
- The combination of a strong, fabricated steel frame and ABB’s standard painting system makes the generators robust and durable.
- In order to minimize vibration in gensets, all critical parts have been thoroughly tested using advanced FEM tools to avoid natural frequencies near the excitation bandwidths of engines.
- Careful design guarantees the best mechanical safety and reliability, even when operating with high torque and output power in demanding circumstances.
- Advanced ventilation design makes for highly efficient cooling.
- The shorter winding overhang end design reduces copper losses and boosts overall efficiency.
- High grade roundel stator silicon steel sheets, insulated on both sides, minimize shaft currents and iron losses, and also enhance the mechanical rigidity of the generators.
ABB has more than 100 years of experience in the design and manufacture of generators. This expertise, applied using the most advanced tools and equipment, ensures that the LV generators meet the highest quality standards.
- Worldwide sales network delivers local support
- Excellent availability of both generators and spare parts
- Effective 24/7 after-sales support
- Easily accessible online documentation