ABB's Global Lab Automation is a key driver for the development of new technologies that will further support ABB's commitment to Industrial IT products, systems and solutions. These aim to help our customers in the process and manufacturing industries and utilities maximize their asset productivity in real time at the lowest possible cost and environmental impact.
In partnership with customers, ABB businesses and leading universities, we aim to achieve this with solutions that:
- Directly address and impact key performance indicators
- Derive and exploit specific process and equipment know-how
- Are based on world class and cost-effective component and communication solutions
- Are open and easy to integrate with all relevant products and applications
By linking and integrating operations in Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, the United States, Poland, China and India, this global R&D laboratory brings together a diverse team of highly skilled scientists in an innovative climate in which personal development plays a key role for success.
Active current research areas include:
- Industrial software systems
- Control and optimization
- Sensors and signal processing
- Industrial communication
As many of these developments are software-related, we play a leading role in providing the common platforms for future ABB products and services.